This weekend was absolutely wonderful and I so appreciate all of the warm wishes from everybody! It’s hard to believe another year has gone by and yet, I still get asked what high school I attend. Sigh.
Progression of day:
- sleep in
- wake up to Bailey’s nose in my face sniffing for signs of life
- went out to lunch at my favorite little eatery in Fairview: Sugar Beet Cafe! best eggs benedict EVER
- Ryan, Taylor, and I went into downtown to walk off eggs benedict
- came home and played card game: He** yes! I lost…there should be a rule about that on one’s birthday..
- ate favorite dinner: grilled hamburgers and artichokes
- ate cake! (y mother made a home-made lemon cake with fresh lemon-sugar icing (see below) in the shape of my favorite flower: the sunflower. and yes, it was eaten quite quickly…yum!)
- deep sleep
|Bailey, our choc. lab, excited about her new toy|
|Complete destruction of new toy..|
|On our way to Sugar Beet Cafe!!!!!!
(by the way…this is right after I curled my hair…notice the slow progression of ‘straightness’ my hair undergoes!!!)
|Ryan and my grandfather, D-daddy|
|Mom and Ryan…and this look would be how I describe their relationship..|
|Me and my grandmother, Bam(a)
(literally 30 minutes after said ‘hair-curling’)
|Delicious sunflower lemon cake :)|
(straightness overcomes all)
|Resourceful use of birthday balloons for uncles’ sake :)
(notice proper placement of “outie” bellybutton)